Monday, August 13, 2012

Blast from the Past: July 11th 2010

Every week for my family and I is a busy week. My wife and I both work, my little sister is enrolled in summer school and at the end of the day we all meet at the house and run around babbling like lunatics about our own respective days. Wednesday was by far the most memorable day this week. We saw our first baby pictures! YAY! Okay, keep in mind that the baby is incredibly small at this point, but to actually see the little person inside my wife is simply fascinating. The ultrasound just adds a whole new depth of reality to the pregnancy. There is a freaking little person sharing my wife's body!!!!
Of course, we were both astounded, and the doctor had to bring us back down to reality. It seems that as we go on this path for the very first time, we meet people who are jaded by being on this same path for a very long time. Our doctor was a stinky sucking poopeyed buttnose. (Keep in mind, while I can have salty language in person, I am really trying to edit this blog into a family friendly experience) Now, I realize that most OBGYNs see a billion and one pregnant ladies and go through the motions, but I imagine these very same seasoned doctors understand that this is an exciting experience for the families they are serving. This doctor hardly cared. For all she was concerned, this visit was something as mundane as changing the oil on her car. The problem of course was that she was treating my wife as the car rather than a beautiful, life giving goddess. Needless to say we have changed doctors.
Regardless of the poop sniffing fish faced lint sniffer doctor we were still excited to see the little picture of our tiny, tiny baby. Of course, the baby doesn't really look like a baby right now. More like a small gummyi bear with a beating heart. Seeing the baby's beating heart was amazing!
baby's first picturegummy bear
Compare and contrast. Can you tell which picture is the baby and which is the gummi bear? This trip that we are on is amazing and while we may encounter some jaded and annoying forces of darkness, only one thing matters: We are having a baby...or a gummi bear and our hearts could not be filled with any more love or happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment