Monday, August 13, 2012

Blast from the past: June 24th 2010

Netflix is an interesting creation. You can think of any movie on any topic and chances are you will find something to watch. Let's say that you want to watch a film about Snowboarding, you can find it there. Now if you want to watch a specific film about Snowboarding starring....let's just throw a name out at random....Corey Haim...and you want this movie to co-star....Jim Varney (From the hillarious Ernest movies such as the classic 'Ernest goes to the Vatican' or the equally funny 'Ernest kills a man for a Klondike Bar') sadly you can find such a movie. Snowboard Academy And yes, it also stars Brigitte Nielsen from Red Sonia and whatever she did with Flava Flave that I am trying to block from my mind (I shudder at the thought). So, it is a scientifically proven fact that you can find almost any type of movie on Netflix, even one based on the Pregnancy For Dummies book. Pregnancy for Dummies Guess what my wife and I watched yesterday...No, not Snow Boarding Academy...although that's in the queue and we shall watch it soon! While the title may sound somewhat offensive, Snowboarding for Pregnacy...I mean Pregnancy for Dummies was actually a very in depth, well thought out program that eased a few fears that Mercy and I both have. It also scared the hell out of us. The thought of seeing the ultrasound image of our see through baby and all of his or her organs was kind of terrifying.
So, after watching parts one and two of this four part series, I began thinking....If this is a good movie to watch while you are expecting, I wonder what movies are really really bad to watch. The obvious movies that sprung to my mind were Rosemary's Baby
Rosemary's BabyWhere Mia Farrow is secretly selected to have the devil's spawn by a satanic cult. And no, this has nothing to do with Woody Allen.
The only other movies that I can think of that would be terrifying to watch when you are expecting are the films fromt he "It's Alive Series".
It's AliveIt's Alive 2 / It's Alive 3
These shlocky horror films are about a couple who somehow give birth to a fanged mutant baby who goes on a killing spree. With hillarious results. I think they were produced by the Walt Disney Company, but I am not sure.
If anyone else has any other films to add to the list, please let me know. Now, I must go and write my new Screenplay entitled Snowboarding babies from Hell.

*All images are property of their respective owners and used for parody purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment